Monday, September 17, 2007

Lack of creativity should be illegal ...

I have developed an obsessive habit which involves reading license plates. Well.... OK ... the personalized ones. It amazes me how people can drive around town with unintelligible words on the back of their cars ... The ones that annoy me the most are the ones that obviously mean something but for the life of me I can't figure out what. I sit behind them at the stop light and read the plate every which way I can think of with every pronunciation possible and still I come up with nothing ... What the heck does it say? There have been times I have been so curious (ok and slightly annoyed) that I have been tempted to follow them just so I could ask what it means. Honestly, some of them make no sense at all! But even worse, are the ones where when God made their brains they forgot to stop off in the creativity line .... These are the people, who for lack of creativity, do the next best thing: they put the car's model name on their plate: my favorite from this week: seen on the back of a Toyota Corolla: Corolla. Perhaps they didn't know any other seven-letter words?

No running today. After a 10K race on Saturday and 10 miles yesterday I decided it was time for a break. I'm going to bed early, perhaps a little TV ... and well ...maybe some ice cream?

Stay tuned ... The Runner Chik will soon be at it again ...

No comments: