Monday, November 5, 2007

Eat. Train. Sleep. Repeat.

Training continues for CIM and yesterday our running group did our second to last long run. We went out to the countryside in Salida and ran 21 miles of nothing but hills. A total killer of a run. The hills really did me in but I know I will be stronger because of it. I ended forgetting my Garmin at home and was pretty bummed about that. Terry however, did remember to bring his and so I ran with him the entire way. Great conversation and companionship and he kept me within my pace. Thanks Terry! I'll be sure and check out Journeyman this week.

This course that Karen chose for us was great. We got our high mileage in and worked in hill training and we still have 4 weeks to recoup from it. Next week we're doing 23 miles (our last long run) and Karen has chosen a flat course very close to where we ran this past Sunday. The following week we're doing 10 miles and then 8 and the following week is CIM.

I've been averaging 30 - 40 miles per week so I am confident I can handle this race. I am not running anymore races this month and will keep my training steady until December 2.

Stayed tuned fellow runners ..... this RunnerChik may see Boston yet ....

No comments: