Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Sunny weather up ahead ...

This is my last week of training before CIM and what better place to do it in than sunny San Diego? I will be doing my last Sunday run in San Diego (8 miles) and undoubtedly feeling better about running than I have this week. The cold has hit Northern California and when that happens I have to go through several days of mentally preparing myself to run. Don't get me wrong ... I'm going to run. A little cold is certainly not going to stop me. But it just takes so much longer to get warmed up and I have to wear an extra layer of clothing just to stay warm and that's when I start missing the summer....

So ... back to San Diego ... I'm going down with Cesar who is coaching a Class 1 soccer team here in the valley. The soccer tournament is being held in SD this year so how could I pass up an opportunity like that? I get to sit and watch soccer meanwhile soaking up some rays .... Cesar and I are driving down early Thursday and we plan on leaving at about 5 am as we want to get there in time for Cesar to meet with the two players from Texas that are flying in.

Thanksgiving dinner has already been planned and we will be meeting up with the rest of the team for dinner that night. After that it will be soccer the rest of the weekend. Somewhere in there Cesar and I will fit in an eight-mile run, a shopping trip, and a visit to the comedy club to see the Triple Espressos.

So my fellow runners ... I'm feeling strong, energized and ready to kick some major butt in CIM. I can't believe it's only a week and a half away.... I hear I will have a cheering section this year ... Can't wait ...

No comments: