Saturday, August 18, 2007

Back on the road...

OK. So I haven't run in 10 days. Ben came into town and we were in San Francisco for his conference/sightseeing etc... and so I didn't run that weekend. That is definitely no excuse and we both need to stay on our schedules despite other things that come up, however we had a blast in the city (look for pics up on Picassa soon...). That weekend was probably the best time I have ever had in SF, and even though we didn't make time to run we had a great time together. It would have been awesome to have run in the city though. Next time for sure ... By Sunday night it was pretty clear I had the flu/stomach flu and I preceded to stay sick for 5 days. I did my first run yesterday:

Date: August 17, 2007
Distance:1.86 miles
Time:16:55
Pace:9:06

OK. So it wasn't my longest run, but it felt good to get back on the road. A pace of 9:06 also wasn't bad considering I had been laying on the couch for the previous four days. I guess I haven't completely lost it.

I was also recently introduced to Airborne. Works to help build the immune system back up. Invented by a teacher (of course!!!) no less ... Nasty stuff and I mean nasty.... but sure helps to put one back on one's feet so to speak ..... I probably would have been back on my feet sooner had I been a more .... shall we say .... less "difficult patient." Thanks Ben for taking care of me ....

No comments: