Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Summer is over...

My Summer has come to an end and tomorrow I go back to work to start another school year. Fall will be here before we know it and we will heading to Thanksgiving dinners and there will be Christmas decorations out in the stores before you have had time to clean up the turkey mess (one of my pet peeves actually but I'll save it for another blog). I am looking forward to a good year with lots of challenges to be met along the way.

I went out today for my second run since SF Marathon. Here are my stats:

Distance: 7.05
Time: 1:09:07
Pace: 9:47 min/mile

Not too bad I suppose considering I am still hurt but it irks me that I have to wait for this injury to clear up. I am not very patient ... I had no burning sensation like I did during the marathon but the dull ache is still there and prevents me from picking up the pace. I also noticed that whatever surface I was running on (blacktop, sidewalk or gravel), if it was uneven or slanted, it made the pain much worse. As soon as I found flat surface, the pain nearly subsided. I know that when I ran San Diego Rock 'n Roll (June 2007) there was a part of the run that ran on the freeway and it was very slanted to the point of effecting ones knees and feet so I am wondering if that is not what is making the pain worse. I'm still taking the drugs and taking one day at a time. Stay tuned ....

1 comment:

Linda said...

Sounds like you are taking advantage of each moment to be the best runner you can.
Hope you foot gets better and that you will be able to run the next race in a good time. Wish I could run with you, but for now, it will have to wait. they tell me in heaven I will have a new body so may then we will run together. :) I hope so. For now, I will watch and you will run. Happy running.
mom