Saturday, August 18, 2007

Nothing worth doing is easy...

Tomorrow will be my first day running with my new running group (yes, I finally found one). I'm excited about the opportunities and the challenges that a running group and coach will provide. After my injury during the San Francisco Marathon (7/2007) and how hard it was to run 20 miles on an injured foot, I know that CIM (12/2007) will be a much easier run that San Fransisco and provided this injury heals up nicely I will have a good race. I am looking forward to the coaching and the companionship this new running group will provide. Training for my fifth marathon is more than I ever hoped to accomplish and I am pleased with my progress thus far. I know I have what it takes to be a runner... it's not easy though, in fact it's a lot of hard work and yet it is one of the primary reasons I run really ... the hard work and the challenge.

I found a new podcast this week at steverunner.com. It's a mixture of running philosophy, cool music and even a bit of comedy. Steve also profiles different runners every week and it's very inspirational. He makes a great running buddy. The title of his show is "Pheidippidations."It's worth checking out.

So.... results of today's run:

Date: August 18th, 2007
Distance: 5.76 mi
Time: 59:19
Pace: 10:19

I needed to pick up the pace but my right foot is still hurting. I am still noticing how it hurts the most when I run on uneven pavement/ sidewalks of any kind. Even turning corners, where my right foot has to do most of the stabilizing, hurts a lot.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's run with the running group. This running group is set up by Fleet Feet by the way - a nice little running store here in the area.

No comments: